On behalf of the Andover High School Building Committee, the design team filed an Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation (ANRAD) with the local Andover Conservation Commission on July 18, 2023.
The ANRAD provides a procedure for the project applicant to confirm the delineation of the bordering vegetated wetlands and other resource areas prior to proceeding with work subject to the jurisdiction of the Wetlands Protection Act.
Essentially, this is the initial step in the Conservation Commission’s approvals process for the project. As part of this process, HMFH Architects’ civil engineer, Samiotes Consultants, Inc., has conducted field investigations and a survey of the existing conditions including the property line, topography, utilities, etc. to assist in the flagging of wetland locations. Subsequent to the existing conditions survey and field investigations, Samiotes Consultants developed a Wetlands Delineation report inclusive of the site findings and determination of wetland areas.
As required, Samiotes Consultants has also issued notifications to abutters within 100 feet of the proposed project that an ANRAD has been filed and that a virtual hearing to review the filing documents with the Andover Conservation Commission will be held on August 1, 2023, at 7:00 PM. This hearing is open to the public for questions related to the Commission’s jurisdiction.
The ANRAD filing documents associated with the Andover High School Project can be found at these links:
- Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation (WPA Form 4A)
- Wetland Resource Area Delineation Memo by Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Existing Conditions Plan by Samiotes Consultants, Inc.
- Permission to Access Site to the Conservation Commission from Town of Andover
- Abutter Notification Letter of an upcoming Andover Conservation Commission public hearing (August 1, 2023 at 7:00 PM)