Please join the AHS Building Committee at our next public meeting, scheduled for Thursday, March 2, 2023, at 8:15 AM in the Select Board Conference Room (Town Offices, 36 Bartlett Street).
HMFH Architects will be providing a design update that analyzes the two remaining site approaches that were selected for further exploration and pricing during the last AHS Building Committee meeting on 2/9/2023.
As a reminder, the two remaining site approaches selected are “Courtyard” (addition/renovation) and “Campus 2” (new building). Please see the earlier news update for more information related to this decision.
As part of the March 2nd design update, HMFH will provide a preliminary design and construction schedule for both site approaches, continue discussions on traffic flow, provide athletic program comparisons/flexibility in field layouts, review the current Space Programming Summary, examine updated evaluation criteria, etc.
The AHS Building Committee will also be reviewing an updated timeline for a path to vote on a recommended option to the School Committee and Select Board and will discuss scheduling of additional community forums and building committee meetings. Here is a high-level path to the AHS Building Committee’s vote to recommend a preferred option:
- March 2nd: AHS Building Committee Meeting, including further evaluation of two remaining site approaches
- March 9th: Community Forum at Memorial Hall Library at 7:00 PM
- March 23rd: AHS Building Committee meeting, including presentation of preliminary cost information
- March 29th: Community Forum at Memorial Hall Library at 7:00 PM
- March 30th: AHS Building Committee Meeting, including possible vote to recommend preferred option
- Early April (TBD): Tentative AHS Building Committee Meeting, including vote to recommend preferred option if not decided in late March
To hear more of what will be covered during the meeting, please see the full agenda on the town website. To have future meeting agendas automatically emailed to you or to receive text messages when an agenda is posted, please sign up through Andover’s Notify Me tool.
We look forward to seeing you there, but if you cannot attend in person, meetings are streamed live by AndoverTV and available in their meeting archive.