A Quad-Board Meeting of the Select Board, School Committee, Finance Committee, and Andover High School Building Committee will be held on Wednesday, September 27th at 7:00 PM in the Robb Senior Center Lifelong Learning Room (30 Whittier Ct, 1 st floor).
The meeting will include a presentation by the Town Manager and Chief Financial Officer regarding the financial considerations related to the proposed Andover High School Project. As part of the presentation, the Town Manager will review the various financial impacts of proceeding with the current timeline for the project versus delaying the project with the hope of being accepted into the Massachusetts School Building Authority’s (MSBA) core program for funding assistance in the future.
This meeting comes as a result of the AHS Building Committee’s 8/8/2023 vote on a warrant article requesting an additional $1.3M to complete the Schematic Design phase, with a recommendation for the Select Board to call a Special Town Meeting to consider the warrant article.
As a reminder, the current timeline for the project is as follows:
- Special Town Meeting vote to authorize $1.3 million to complete Phase 2 of Schematic Design (targeting Fall 2023)
- Development of Schematic Design-level drawings and specifications, construction cost estimating, and development of a total project budget (targeting early 2024)
- Special Town Meeting vote to authorize full project funding approval – requires 66%+ positive vote to pass (targeting February/March 2024)
- Ballot box vote by community to authorize full project funding approval – requires 50%+ positive vote to pass (targeting February/March 2024)
- Construction start (targeting Summer 2025)
- New building complete for student and faculty move-in (targeting Fall 2028)
- Full project complete, including site work (targeting Summer 2030)
The agenda for the meeting can be found here on the Town website.