During the Andover High School Building Committee Meeting on 1/12/2023, PMA Consultants (Owners Project Manager) presented an update of the draft Feasibility and Schematic Design timeline, and an overview of the cost analysis/cost estimating process during both design phases.
HMFH Architects (Project Designer) also provided a Feasibility Study design update, include the design progression of the 3 site approaches that were selected for further development during the last Building Committee meeting on 12/20/2022.
These 3 approaches include the:
- Courtyard Approach (Addition/Renovation)
- Campus #2 Approach* (New Construction)
- Standalone Approach* (New Construction)
* Both the Campus #2 and Standalone Approach will include options to renovate the existing Collins Center or construct a new auditorium.
Concept images of the design approaches are below, and each is explained in more detail within the full 1/12/2023 SBC presentation (beginning on slide 21).
Discussion also took place around three areas that continue to inform design options (click links for further detail):
- Why should the town consider a new auditorium in a future project?
- Why should the town consider including a parking garage in a future project?
- Why should the town consider demolishing the existing science wing (built in 1995) in a future project?
Additionally, the Committee provided a reminder that there is another community tour of the existing Andover High School on Saturday, January 21, 2023, from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Tours will run continuously during this time, so please stop in at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you there!
Design approaches under continued development and discussed at the 1/12/23 SBC meeting:
You must be logged in to post a comment.